Transforming E-learning with Real-time Data Streaming
In case you are a millennial, you’ll probably remember how challenging it was to take notes while listening to the teacher’s lecture. And, the point you missed would be there in the examination the next day. It has happened with all of us. So, it’s quite relatable. But, the scenario soon changed with the advent of e-learning.
E-learning has been a Game Changer for the Education Sector
The growth of e-learning (or online learning) has been a game changer for the education landscape, which has brought unprecedented changes in the conventional mode of teaching – that was confined to classroom, books, and blackboards. Online learning has transformed the way we perceive education and knowledge acquisition.
Easy and quick access to learning resources, flexible space, and pace of study are some of the benefits that make e-learning a fun-filled activity. Most important of all, infusing e-learning tools and technologies (like Internet, Smart-boards, Podcasts, YouTube, etc.) help make learning more interactive, meaningful and interesting for the students.
Despite the ever-growing popularity of e-Learning, the average completion rate of online courses is quite low, amounting to only 4 percent. One explanation for the drop-off rates is the lack of engagement and personal encouragement that students need when completing online courses.
Probably by now, you might be wondering about the solution.
The use of new technologies such as real-time communications is transforming e-learning – from passive learning approach to dynamic learning approach – by powering engaging real-life experiences.
Most importantly, leveraging real-time data streaming within your online training courses creates an extremely effective and valuable learning experience.
A detailed view on how real-time data streaming is revolutionizing e-learning:
Real-time data streaming delivers your learner with the most up-to-date information. Besides, live demonstration of a learning technique helps keep students engaged throughout the course. For instance, real-time video feeds or presentations enable the teacher and pupil to share the screen as they talk, which helps in creating a rich interactive learning session.
Let’s dig a little deeper into understanding how real-time data streaming transforms e-learning by studying the following use cases:
- Online Tutoring: Real-time data streaming allows students to access tutorials, no matter where they are. Live streaming of data during an online tutoring session allows participants to share documents and collaborate using any device (be it a smartphone or computer system). Integrating real-time streaming capability into your online learning courses can help you deliver seamless interactions, immediate feedback, and genuine social connections.
- Virtual Classrooms: Embracing real-time data streaming technologies helps participants from around the world to have an interactive session. Virtual classrooms benefit educators in extending their reach to a greater number of geographically dispersed students. Likewise, students get the opportunity to attend classes regardless of their location.
- Virtual Examinations: Undoubtedly, distance learning is an excellent alternative for students seeking convenient and affordable education. However, the need to travel to distant locations for exams negates the benefits of distance learning. But, implementing real-time data streaming capability can help online institutions to allow students to take a virtual exam from their homes.
- Online Collaboration: Modern learners are increasingly adopting online collaboration methods. Reason being, it helps them interact with other students and instructors to expand their knowledge base of any particular subject or skill. Adding real-time audio/video capabilities to the existing e-learning application can help your students reduce the time in completing a project as compared to a simple text-based chat feature.
- Expert Knowledge: Live videos streaming in real-time enable students to receive on-demand help from educators, researchers, and peers from different countries. Thus, enabling an access to a wide variety of information and input.
How can you implement Real-time Data Streaming?
Just like any other industry, the education industry has also been impacted by real-time data streaming technologies that help deliver an optimal e-learning experience.
When it comes to integrating, real-time video feeds or messaging apps, nothing can beat WebRTC technology. The technology enables to carry out high-quality audio/video conversations between any two browsers. However, you’ll require a signaling mechanism, such as WebSockets to establish a WebRTC session. This is where PushFYI comes in handy.
PushFYI is a WebSocket gateway that amplifies the power of WebRTC, helping developers build and manage applications with real-time audio, video and messaging features.
On a Concluding Note:
Earlier, e-learning services played a vital role in making learning a fun and easily accessible process. But, by introducing real-time data streaming capability, using technologies such as WebRTC, is set to revolutionize online education.
E-learning made it possible to make education available to anyone and at any time. However, real-time data streaming is all about creating a highly interactive and engaging e-learning experience, as it increases learners’ understanding of key concepts.
Web-based real-time communication (WebRTC) has helped in creating a fine balance between on-demand support for learning and real-time communication. However, the need of the hour is a platform to stream data in real-time. PushFYI acts as the perfect platform for online education that incorporates real-time capabilities into their applications, resulting in spectacular results.